This International Women’s Day, there are five Australian companies in the S&P/ASX 200 without a single woman sitting at their board table. Another 63 of our largest companies have only one woman in the boardroom.
Across the S&P/ASX 200, women accounted for only 26.7% of S&P/ASX 200 directorships, still frustratingly short of the 30% goal the Australian Institute of Company Directors set in 2015.
Why is this still the case? How can it still be the case when a substantial body of research shows diverse boards and leadership teams lead to better outcomes?
- Investment lessons from my mother
- 3 professionals and their best picks
- SMSFs offer a glimmer of hope
- Is the Wall Street wipe out the end of the bull market?
- Buy, Hold, Sell – what the brokers say
- Question of the Week – Dominos