When is the best time to ask these hotshot stock market enthusiasts for their “one” best investing idea? Well, it’s after the show-and-tell we call reporting season, where companies do their ‘warts and all’ presentations about their sales, their profits and the outlook.
The “serious special” five are:
- Fund manager Charlie Aitken, who has attracted money from the likes of Seven’s Kerry Stokes and other rich listers;
- FNArena’s founder, Rudi Filapek-Vandyck, who has access to the views of the biggest number of broker/analysts in Australia;
- Shawn Burns, an experienced fund manager who’s charged with searching for the best income stocks for my listed Exchange Traded Product, called the Switzer Dividend Growth Fund or SWTZ;
- My Money Talks colleague and regular “star” on the Your Money channel, Julia Lee.
- Geoff Wilson (who gives two ideas).
I asked my “seriously special” five to give me their best stock idea following reporting season. Then I tested these ideas by looking at what the consensus of brokers are saying about their potential money-making selections.