Contango Global Growth (CQG) aims to provide investors with access to an actively managed, high-conviction portfolio of diversified global equities.

CQG will be a listed investment company that invests in quality global businesses with high returns on capital, superior growth prospects, low debt and a growing competitive advantage, or ‘economic moat’.

The Objective

The Portfolio targets quality businesses with strong global growth prospects, offering a distinct diversification from the Australian market. The Portfolio will aim to provide returns (before fees, costs and taxes) that exceed the benchmark by more than 3% p.a. over rolling three-year time periods, but with lower volatility than the benchmark.

Key dates and terms
Opening DateTuesday, 16 May 2017
Closing DateThursday, 8 June 2017
Application Price$1.10 per Share
Minimum Application Amount2,000 Shares
BenchmarkMSCI All Country World Index Ex-Australia

Downloads

Request an Information Pack
Contact us

The Opportunity

Why Invest

Experienced US-based Manager

Gain access to an established and successful fund manager of active global equities. The Investment Adviser, WCM, has a long history of significant market out-performance.

Quality Global Companies

Focus on high-quality growth companies with sustainable earnings growth and low debt may provide strong protection in weak markets.

International Diversification

The portfolio's global investment universe offers a much wider range of sector exposures and therefore greater diversification and investment return benefits, both by company, sector and country.

High-conviction Portfolio

Since the objective is to significantly outperform global indices over an extended period of time, the Adviser employs a focused approach to investing. Our belief is that it is better to own a lot of a good company than a little of an average one.

Risks

It is important to understand that the value of investments may rise or fall, investment returns will vary and future returns may differ from past returns, investment returns are not guaranteed and investors may lose the money they have invested in CQG. The appropriate level of risk for each investor will be different and depends on a range of factors, including age, investment time frame, where other parts of an investor’s wealth are invested and the investor’s risk tolerance. Prior to making an investment, investors should consider if it is appropriate for their individual circumstances and seek professional advice. For more detailed information relating to the risks of the Fund, please refer to the Prospectus available at the top of this page.

Who is CQG for?

The Australian share market makes up less than 2% of the world based on market capitalisation. CQG is suitable for investors looking to gain exposure to the other 98% of global investment opportunities.
CQG may be suitable for self-direct investors and self-managed super funds looking to access global listed markets, an asset class historically characterised by attractive and strong total returns.

The Investment Team

Contango Global Growth is managed by Contango Asset Management. The portfolio will be managed by WCM Investment Management, the Investment Adviser for the fund.WCM is an established and independent fund manager based in Laguna Beach, California. The firm currently manages over AUD 23bn and has a long-term track record of successfully managing global equities portfolios.

George Boubouras

Managing Director & CIO
Contango Asset Management

Paul Rickard

Founder of CommSec, Non-Executive Director
Contango Global Growth Limited

Paul Black

Portfolio Manager, co-CEO
WCM Investment Management

Kurt Winrich

Portfolio Manager, co-CEO
WCM Investment Management

Why invest globally?

Australia makes up less than 2% of global markets, which means over 98% of all listed investment opportunities are located outside of Australia.

Additionally, the Australian market is dominated by financial and resources stocks. Conversely, IT stocks make up 22.5% of the US market compared to just 1.2% in Australia. Our market simply doesn’t have the Apples, Amazons and Facebooks, or in the healthcare sector, giants like Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson.

As a result, international share markets will often outperform the Australian market over both the short- and long-term.

How to invest

Disclosure and Disclaimer

The content of this email and website has been prepared without taking account of the objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular individual. It does not constitute formal advice. Consider the appropriateness of the information in regards to your circumstances. Please read the relevant PDS and obtain appropriate financial advice before making any investment decisions.

Switzer Financial Group (AFSL 286 531) may earn a selling fee of 1.5% on all applications placed through us.

Sign in