How long have you held the stock?
We have held the stock for around two years.
What do you like about it?
Ausnet (AST) is the largest owner of essential energy infrastructure in Victoria with over $12 billion invested in gas/electricity distribution and electricity transmission.
This is essential infrastructure, such as poles and wires, which power homes and businesses and the pipelines which provide natural gas for your stove and heater. Essential infrastructure such as this cannot be replicated easily, due to economies of scale, and therefore the impact of any potential competition is limited whilst providing a recurring, defensive and regulated earnings stream.
- Buying the Asian perspective – MPEL and Crown
- 4 standout stocks in a fully priced market
- Buy, Sell, Hold – what the brokers say 28/5/15
- Could Greenstone be a goer?
- The best way to structure your SMSF
- What to do about a fully priced property trust sector